If you're on the fence about whether or not to start your own company or quit your job and start your own venture - this episode is for you. Bryce Adams, founder of metorik.com, left his job with only four months of runway and is now running a very successful company with over 250 customers and growing. It's a very inspiring story about how an idea came to life and is now Bryce's full time gig.
We dig into how he built the software, why it's given him so much freedom in his life and where he's headed. His software can be found at Metorik.com and he actually has a behind the scenes blog (which I love) and can be found here.
In rough order, we chat about:
- Laravel and Vue.js
- WP Pusher
- He built an app that show's KPI's for Uber rides!
- Being a self taught developer and Laracasts
- Separate databases for each user
- Popular industries using his product (cannabis industry 😄)
- 37 Signals
- "Focus is saying No" -Steve Jobs